On December 12, 2008, I attended a meeting of the Venture Capital ~ Private Equity Roundtable. Permit me to note some of the people and organizations that provided useful perspective about various goings-on in society.
- Google and Google.org – Jennifer Haroon (Investment Manager) provided perspective on and results from health-related initiatives.
- San Francisco Global Trade Council – Barbara Pivnicka (Honorary Consul, Slovakia) discussed roles of this organization.
- Bay Area consular corps – Richard Pivnicka (Honorary Consul General, The Czech Republic) discussed roles and experiences of honorary consuls.
- Dubai – Kurt Wiggins (Director Business Development USA, Dubai Silicon Oasis, Government of Dubai) provided an overview of developments in and doing business in Dubai.
- The Harker School – Mike Bassoni (Facilities Manger) showed pictures of and discussed a new LEED-certified science building.
I would like to thank Gloria Guenther for inviting me to this event.
Click for information about Thomas J. Buckholtz.